In line with the provisions contained in the Companies (Registered Valuers and Valuation) Rules, 2017, guidelines and directions issued by IBBI, the core objective of Training and CEP is to lay down the structured framework for imparting adequate professional training to the Valuer Members of CEV IAF to conduct valuations of any asset class, for which a valuer member is registered.
Following are the Advisory on CEP Points to all the Registered Valuer Members of IBBI
1. COVID-19 pandemic has caused disruption to the lives and livelihoods of many, and normal life was badly affected in large parts of the country. in view of the special circumstances, IBBI its in recent meeting held that:
· It is not mandatory to earn 16 CEP Credit Points in a financial year, rather it now been amended to undertake a minimum 10 Credit Points of CPE/CEP in one financial year starting from April 01, 2020”
· “A minimum of 48 Credit Hours of CPE/CEP in each rolling block of 3 years starting from April 01, 2020 to March 31, 2023, failing which, Certificate of Practice shall not be renewed.
In one year (Starting from April 01, 2020)
Minimum 10 Credit Points
In Three years block (Starting from April 01, 2020, to March 31, 2023)
Minimum 48 Credit Points
2. CPE/CEP means and includes credit hours awarded to the registered valuer member who has participated in any of the approved CPE/CEP programs for Workshops, Conferences, Seminars, Training Programmes, Refresher Programmes, Certificate Courses, Conventions and Symposia and the like for the registered valuers and excludes opening remarks, short intervals, lunch break and vote of thanks. Learning Activities and CPE/CEP Credit Hours are produced as under:-
Learning Activity in the areas relevant for RVs
Workshops, Conferences, Seminars, Training Programmes, Refresher Programmes, Certificate Courses, Conventions and Symposia and the like
Credit for the duration of technical sessions
Acting as faculty in any of the activities in SL. No. 1
Equivalent to the duration of the activity
Publication of an article in any national newspaper
Publication of an article in a journal of the Board, an IPA, an RVO, a Professional Institute, or a referred national or
international journal bearing ISSN number
Publication of a Book bearing an ISBN number
Pass in Limited Insolvency examination
Pass in Valuation Examination of an asset Class
3. CEP conducted by any RVO should be in valuation-related
4. CEV IAF reserves the right to reject a program conducted by any RVO on the basis of merit and guidelines issued by IBBI which will result in non-credit of CEP.